Thread: Is it beneficial to do a online degree in computer science

Is it beneficial to do a online degree in computer science

I am working in IT field for past 5 years and I have a quiet nice experience in web designing, software and hardware. I had left my studies long back due to some personal reasons. Now I found some sites that are offering a computer science degree online. And I want to know that is it worth to go for. I am unable to locate any proper details. Can those degrees are applicable in India or not. How to find which sites is a Indian based sites who's degree is valuable.

Re: Is it beneficial to do a online degree in computer science

Those online degrees are very much similar to what we do in colleges. But if you are having a good experience then only it is great. If you are newbie and want to go for the course then it wont be helping you much. So here as you said that you are already having a good experience in IT field then this degrees will surely help you a lot. Try to check the syllabus for the same. Which actually maters. There are different type of courses pattern. Try to learn which is most updated.

There are various sites that might give you a short course in computer science but they are way too costly. It is not easy to learn those things on your own. There are some really awesome ebooks on the web that will guide you more about the courses details and it will be clearly simple for you to work on the same. It is good to go ahead with college degree because there you get ample of nice information about understanding things and the degree will also be valuable.

There are many site if you go and search on net but as masters said they are costly and as well as can't tell if they will be providing in depth knowledge of it.
    If you wanna get proper and practical knowledge of computer science then regular classes would be good option.

Depends a lot on the program. I have some friends who started to do their degree while working. Some stopped because it can be quite frustrating to study alone always. So if you could join a regular class I think it is better for the long term motivation. On the other hand if you are motivated and you have a strong context to IT, there are some quite good courses.

journalistabid Guest

dear if that institutes degree is recognized by local market then u can do. but one thing you should remember that the environment that is provided by universities and colleges is also very much important for the growth. so if you think you can do without it then you should go for this

hose online degrees are very much similar to what we do in colleges. But if you are having a good experience then only it is great. If you are newbie and want to go for the course then it wont be helping you much. So here as you said that you are already having a good experience in IT field then this degrees will surely help you a lot. Try to check the syllabus for the same. Which actually maters. There are different type of courses pattern. Try to learn which is most updated.
    The ASP.Net (Dot Net) Training course at NewWay Systems includes all the basic and advance level topics required to build web applications in a live Project environment using C#.