Thread: 5 years of experience without graduation is good or not

5 years of experience without graduation is good or not

I am working in a media firm from past 5 years. I am having a quiet nice experience in understanding and working on various media events and works. I left my studies long back. My final education category is HSC. I want to know that having a experience is important or a gradation degree matters the most. I am applying for new job and maximum openings which I had seen requires a minimum Graduate qualification. So I am bit confuse to apply or not.

Re: 5 years of experience without graduation is good or not

If you are having exceptional media skills, then I do not think you really need to worry about your degree. Everything relies on the interview. If you are able to convince the HR . I had seen many people who are in top management does not really own a degree. They get to that through their work experience and their professional network. In media network of people matters the most. Here you also need great communication skills. I am quiet sure you will find proper place.

I also agree with that. I had seen this thing mostly in IT where your degree does not really matter. What matter is where you had worked and what experience you own. There are quiet set of test that you have to clear first before moving ahead. And if you are done with that then you can get the job that you are looking for. If you can have some kind of extra course in IT then it would also help a lot and at some place degree does not really matter.

Apply for it. Knowledge it important no matter how you have gain it by doing degree or by actually working on it. Just one thing you have to do and that is you should convince the recruiter about it if they are disqualifying you just because you have not completed graduation.