Thread: Computer Science online vs college degree

Computer Science online vs college degree

I want to go with Computer Science course. And there are many universities offering the course. I am working on computer hardware from last 1 years and left my studies long back. So my qualification is only HSC. Now to grow I am planing to pursue computer science but I do not really think the university is offering a updated course. I can mostly see old syllabus which is never used in day to day life. Compare to that I had seen a few courses by MIT which is costly but based no latest technology.

Re: Computer Science online vs college degree

That is actually a issue with our education system. Most of us are following a old format of education due to which you wont get any better output. There are few friends who in computer science but they don't know anything about internet. They just have knowledge of programming language which is taught to them on outdated version of compilers. I think you must go with the new one so that it would help you in future also.

I agree with that. My brother has done completing his GNIIT course. And from past one year he is looking for job. He got some placement in the campus but they just rejected him because he does not own much knowledge. It is very complicated to find a reputed job on the basis of degree's offered by our education system. This is because most of our things are based on old and outdated standard. You can also learn from various online universities if you want. But that would be a costly one.

I agree now a days all is being advanced but our education system is still be old.