Thread: What is the Duties, Responsibilities and Salary of an IAS Officer?

What is the Duties, Responsibilities and Salary of an IAS Officer?

I am looking to become an IAS officer. I have recently completed my BMS degree last year and so I am now looking to do a IAS so can anyone tell me how do I take admission in same? Where am I supposed to get the application form for the IAS exams? After completing the examinations and becoming an IAS officer what are the duties and responsibility of IAS officers in India? Also how much salary should be expected in this field? Thanks for any answers in advance.

Re: What is the Duties, Responsibilities and Salary of an IAS Officer?

You can easily become an IAS officer after completing B.SC IT and also if you are from a Science background in 12th standard then it will also help you to get into your dream job. If you are in first year of B.SC then this stream is not that tough and you will get ample of time for other things as well. Note that you will have to apply for the three stage patterned exams and you will have to work hard to cross the three stage pattern such as CSAT replacing Prelims which is the first stage. After that you will have to give Mains which is common Subjective paper and the last one is the final interview which is the last round of the examination pattern.

After you have completed the IAS examination then you will be recruited for the responsibility of IAS officer. IAS officers are usually civil servant who is a very important part of the bureaucracy in India. After becoming an IAS officer there are a number of responsibilities given to them. There are also many different posts in IAS officer and the responsibility differs according to them. These number of posts includes District Officer, Additional Secretary, Cabinet Secretary, Director, etc.

You responsibility as an IAS officer would be to consult the concerned ministry and implement to help frame the policy in your district or region. You will also need to ensure that public fund is being utilized properly. If there are any irregularities then they will have to answer to the Parliament or the State Assembly. As for the Salary, for the Junior Scale the pay would be from Rs. 15600 to Rs. 39100.

journalistabid Guest

Dear after passing the IAS Exams you will be allocated on different departments where you have different duties according to the department. IAS Officer is on the high posts of the department.