Thread: list of colleges and exam for direct second year admission or Lateral Entry

list of colleges and exam for direct second year admission or Lateral Entry

I have recently completed my diploma in Mechanical Engineering fron the North side. I am now looking to do a B.E. course in chhattisgarh and for that I am trying to find out which colleges are offering Lateral Entry and also also the list of institution and procedure of admission for direct entry into the Second year B.E. after Diploma Engineering. So, if anyone can help me getting this information then it will be really kind of you. Thank you

Re: list of colleges and exam for direct second year admission or Lateral Entry

You can try to apply for the entrane exam which is conducted by the Indraprashtha University. If you want then you can also apply for ED-CET and get admission in colleges. According to me the best institute that is offering Lateral entry in B.Tech for second year after successful completion of Diploma are as follows:
    • Hindustan College of Engineering
    • Indraprastha University
    • SLIET(Sent longwall institute of Engg and Technolgy)
    • KIIT Orissa
    • Cochin Unversity

Each of these University take a separate entrance exam for Lateral Entry during their Entrance Exam for normal B.Tecg entrance. For more details you can try to visit the official website of the above mentioned universities.

You should know that Lateral Entry admission is given to Diploma Holders and it lets them to take admission in the second year of Bachelor of Technology. There are many colleges in the country who are offering this scheme of admission. But the only exception so far is the Indian Institutes of Technology and Nationa Institutes of Technology. There is also none of the provision to take lateral entry admission anywhere. You can also try to apply for Joint Entrance Exam to get admission for full 4 years course in these institutes.

All you need to give is the below entrance exams to get direct admission in the Second year through Lateral Entry in Engineering:
    • AIEEE
    • IIT- JEE
    • WB JEE

If the dont want to go for the above then you can also try to get admission in some institutes like IP university or KIIT Orissa. There are also some Lateral Entry test which is conducted by the State joint entrance board like West Bengal joint entrance board which provides exams lke JELET (joint entrance lateral entry test) for diploma student for doing B.TECH.