Thread: Eligibility criteria for Chartered Accountant and which exam to give?

Eligibility criteria for Chartered Accountant and which exam to give?

Hello,

Right now I am pursuing BBA-2 and I am going to complete my graduation in the year 2015-16. After doing this BBA course I am looking to go for the Chartered Accountant course and for that I am seeking for some information for selecting foundation or executive or professional programme. By the way I am from the Commerce background. So, if anyone can tell me what is the eligibility criteria for CA and what all exams I have to prepare for this course, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Eligibility criteria for Chartered Accountant and which exam to give?

The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue for CA course if that a candidate should have passed Higher Secondary Examination from a recognized board. You should also note that there is not restriction about the stream or the marks secured in the qualifying examination. You should also have qualified Common Proficiency test and this test is conducted by the The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Without qualifying this test, you will not be considered to pursue this CA course.

Incase you are a Commerce graduates with 50% marks, or non-commerce graduates wth subjects other than Mathematics with an aggregate of 55% marks and also non-commerce graduates with Mathematics with an aggregate of 60% marks then you are exempted from the Common Proficiency Test and permitted to register for the Integrated Professional Competence Course. Once you have passed the final exam taken by the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India or Institute of Company Secretaries of India then you can also register for the Professional Competency Course.

Normally, the Chartered Accountancy Course in India is offered by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. You can get admission in two ways for the Chartered Accountacy Course. The very first thing requires you to appear for the CPT test for which you should have passed atleast 10th Standard, however, there is also a direct entry for candidates with graduation degree as well. The second way of the CA is Integrated Professional Competancy Test and there are also 2 ways to get into this and that is, first you must have passed B.Com with 55 percent marks and second is that, candidate who have completed other graduation course can also apply for it but it requires 60% marks.

You have to passed HSC with good marks to give the CA exam.
    And info about the courses would be available online.