Thread: NCERT books enough for the preparation of CBSE exams

NCERT books enough for the preparation of CBSE exams

I want to know how do I prepare for the CBSE examinations? Will it be just fine to follow the NCERT books or do I have to follow some other books as well. Is this book going to be enough for Science and Maths studies? If it will be not then which books should be the best for Science and Maths studies? My friends told me that NCERT books are the best for the CBSE board examinations. But since I am new to it, I just want some confirmation to go with this book or some other? Thanks

Re: NCERT books enough for the preparation of CBSE exams

For the CBSE board the NCERT books are quite enough for its study but, in any case, if you still want to refer to some other books then you can go with the RD Sharma books in Maths and S.Chand books for Science. But note that you should complete all your syllabus with the help of your Teachers and your self pratices as well. You should also link with the necessary details that is described in the text books and for that you can easily get help from the library to increase your knowledge.

You did not mention in which class you are in, whether 10th or 12th class? Anyways, if you are in class 10 then I will suggest you to stick the NCERT book only which is enough for the Social Science. But for Science you should try to consider getting other books from the author Dinesh and for Maths, you shall also follow from the R.S. Aggarwal books. If you are in Class 12 then for science you should follow NCERT and Pradeep/Comprehensive. For Maths you should follow NCERT again and R.D Sharma and M.L. Aggarwal.

I also agress that NCERT books are the best for the preparation of the CBSE Board examination. However, if you are looking to also cover the extra courses then you can easily take more books of the other authors. Dinesh books are the best for the preparation of Physics and Pradeep books are best for the preparation of Chemistry subjects. As for the Mathematics subject, there is no need to go with other books rather than to follow the NCERT books only.