Thread: How to join as a Crime Branch Officer?

How to join as a Crime Branch Officer?

I am doing my BSC and I am looking to join the Crime Branch to become a crime branch officer. Can anyone tell me what is the eligibilty to join this crime branch department? I know that we dont get too much of payment in this job but I want to become an officer for my self respect and detain the corrupt as well. What all books should I start referring to for joining this department? Thanks for any information in advance.

Re: How to join as a Crime Branch Officer?

You can try to join the Crime Branch of CID department after completing your graduation degree. If you want to join in your desired post then you have to write and crack the civil service exam of IPS conducted by the UPSC. Once you have cleared the written exam of IPS, then you have to again go through the Personal Interview. Your health will be also checked and once you have passed all these tests then you can easily join in the crime branch as an officer.

You can try to apply for the post of CBI after the completion of your graduation. And for applying for the post of CBI you have to give the CGPE that is conducted by the SSC. As for the eligibility criteria a candidate should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. The candidate who have appeared in the final year examination are also eligible. The age of the candidate should be between 18 to 27 years of age. If you want more information, you can contact at the below address:

Secretary
    Staff Selection Commission
    Block - 12, CGO Complex
    Lodhi Road,
    New Delhi - 110 003, India.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

If you want to join the CID as an inspector then you have to appear for the SSC Combined Graduate Preliminary Examination. The examination is held every year. As for the eligibility, any male and females can apply for this examination. The educational qualification requires you to be a graduate in any field and then you can apply. The candidate for the post of Assistant grade or Sub Inspector shall be between 21-17 years of age.