Thread: How to get admission for MBBS or BAMS in government medical college in Maharashtra?

How to get admission for MBBS or BAMS in government medical college in Maharashtra?

I have scored 50 marks in the MHT-CET and have also scored 72 percent in HSC examination. I just want to know whether I am eligible for getting admission in Government Medical Colleges for MBBS and BAMS course in Maharashtra? By the way what is the main difference between MBBS and BAMS course and which one out of these would be more beneficial? Thanks for answering my questions.

Re: How to get admission for MBBS or BAMS in government medical college in Maharashtra?

The main difference in both course is that BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda where as MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medical. Both of them have five years of undergraduate course. Some similar things in both these MBBS and BAMS course if that both exam is conducted on basis of Entrance examination. To get admission you shall pass in the 10+2 equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with atleast 50% marks from a recognized University. You should also have not less then 17 years of age limit.

Re: How to get admission for MBBS or BAMS in government medical college in Maharashtra?

I think that you are eligible to give the entrance test for MBBS or BAMS courses because the minimum percentage to take admission in medical courses is only 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. If you want to take admission in the Government Colleges in Maharashtra then you will have to appear for MHT-CET examination, which you have already done. You can download a document from the below attachment which is issued by the Government of Maharashtra which will explain all the necessary details to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want to take admission in MBBS then you should secure more than 50% marks in subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology in your HSC examinations. For SC and ST candidate there is a 45% minimum marks criteria. You should also appear in the respective CET or PMT held in the states. If any candidate who has completed his graduation and then wants to take admission in MBBS then he should have completed his graduation in either any one of the subjects like Botany, Zoology or Chemistry and should have scored atleast 50% marks in graduation.