Thread: Career advice to startup own computer security firm

Career advice to startup own computer security firm

I am into Bsc.IT and I am planing to with with ethical hacking courses. I want to start my own firm through which I can guide and educate people about how to remain secure online stuff. I have a blog also. But I am unable to find any course or any post graduation degree that can help me in this. Like most of the ethical hacking are private courses and they are short. But what about doing a full fledged business in the same. I have to show people what qualification I have in order to gain their trust.

Re: Career advice to startup own computer security firm

If you want to give serious advice then things begin with earning a law degree. Without that you will have less power. Even if you ahead running up a cyber crime type of institute you need law degree to take necessary actions. In India LAW degree is considered as very important when it comes to consultation of security. It can be complicated for you to take necessary measure if someone approach you for the right advice.

There are different type of things in a security firm. It begins with targeting the right kind of customer. One security firm is based on suggestion antivirus or other security software that can help people to make their office more secure. I had seen many firm like that which sell antivirus and many other security applications. That is also a great thing. Here you can consult to big corporates and companies to buy this security programs.

You have to explain in more detail what really you want. What type of security services you are going to offer when it comes to a security firm. You cannot just startup anything. Now cyber crime are different things. Here you are dealing with real hackers and criminal online. That needs some legal degree or else you cannot interfere in any matter. Then there are firm which run security institute to teach students and people about the same.

There are different type of career path you can go for. Like there is a networking security type of thing which is associated with corporates and other companies. Education is really important here. You have to be a expert in computer software and other technology. This include internet, networking, virus protection, etc. You must checkout and have a track on latest bugs and threats going on in the market. In this way you can start your firm.

Complete your education first. Go for a software development course from a reputed institute. Then you can go with a few courses which are based on computer security. That will be more helpful for you to start your firm. It is very important to understand all the technical aspect of security. Because this is a serious business. Your advice is going to help many. If you does not know properly what is going on then it will be hard for you to work.