Thread: Hotel Management course entrance exam syllabus

Hotel Management course entrance exam syllabus

I am right now pursuing BCA and I want some information about Hotel Management, whether it can be a good career to go ahead in this field or not. I have heard that we get good salaries in this category though. So, therefore I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the duration of this course, whether its 3 years or 4 years. Also what is the syllabus for its entrance exam? Thanks for any information.

Re: Hotel Management course entrance exam syllabus

You should first of all know the eligibility criteria for Hotel Management course. You should first of all clear SSC for the DHMCT course or else you can be an intermediate for the BHMCT course. Also, you will have to get 50% in your Academics. The age limitations should be 22 years maximum. You will be offered subjects like House Keeping, Food Production, Front Office and Food and Beverage service. The duration for Hotel Management Course will be 3 years both in BHMCT and DHMCT or else 18 months or 6 months in both course.

The Entrance Exam for Hotel Management course should be MU BHM for getting admission in Manipal University. You will also need a qualification of 10+2 standard with atleast 50% marks and you will get a 2 and half year course. You can also go for AI JEE entrance test for 3 years BSC course in Hotel administration and hospitality. The third one is the Common Entrance Test (CET) through which you can get admission in hotel management institutions.

The Hotel Management Course makes sure in the excellence of Hotels. You mostly have 2 types in this namely, Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (BHMCT) and Diploma of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (DHMCT). If you are going to take this course then you should note the most important things that is needed. First you must be on time delivery. Second you also need to have a quick response and third you should have the capabilities to resolve the complaints of the customers.