Thread: getting a job in Indian Embassy Abroad?

getting a job in Indian Embassy Abroad?

I have recently started learning about the Indian Embassy requirement but there is some question that I am not able to find some answers for. Can anyone tell me how do we get jobs in the Indian Embassy abroad? If it will be U.S. then it would be more beneficial. Does anyone have some kind of information about this? Thanks for any suggestions in advance

Re: getting a job in Indian Embassy Abroad?

You can get a job in Indian Embassy but you will have to give the Foreign Service Exam (IFS exam) via combined Civil Services examination. The syllabus of this exams differs with the country in which you would like to get a job. In India, this kind of exam is held in different cities. The max age for general category is 30 years and for OBC its 33 years and for SC/ST its 35 years.

You are supposed to also know one Compulsory Foreign Language (CFL) and you will be send to that country where that particular CFL is the native language. The examinations are also held in 2 stages, the first one is Preliminary Examination which contains all the objective type of questions and the second one is Main Examination which contains written test and interview.

Most of the time you get selected in the Indian Embassy via UPSC which is also Indian Foreign Services Exam (IFS). You will need to pass in this exam to get a job in the Indian Embassy. There are also few jobs like translator, human resource, librarian, etc; that you can go through with different process. Incase you want to go for a translator then you will need to learn a foreign language which is compulsory. Hope this helps.