Thread: How to join NDA and info about its entrance exam?

How to join NDA and info about its entrance exam?

Can anyone please tell me the full procedure to join National Defence Academy in India? Also what steps do I need to take for its entrance exam, SSB, medical, etc? I have cleared my SSC examination and was hoping to get into NDA to serve my country. If anyone can give me full details about how to join it then it will be very helpful. Thanks

Re: How to join NDA and info about its entrance exam?

The eligibility for NDA consist of, first, you must pass 12th standard or similar HSC from State Board or Unversities. If you are appearing in 12th examination then also you are eligible. You should be unmarried and have a age between 16 years to 19 years only. You are also suppose to be a citizen of India or subject of Bhutan or Nepal or Tibetan Refugee.

Most of the time the application form for joining NDA is published in many of the leading newspapers at the time period of March or April every year. The entrance exam is usually held by the UPSC 6 months later from the application form is published. This exam is also conducted 2 times in a year on April and October in all major cities throughout India. The course normally starts 2 times in January and July every year.

For the selection procedure, NDA chooses the candidates in 3 phases. First is the written examination by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Second is an interview by the Service Selection Board (SSC) to check the potentialities Intelligence and personality. Third is a medical examination by a Service Medical Board (SMB). You will have to give a written examination for 2 papers of all objective type questions.