Thread: What is the syllabus for IISC exam, please help

What is the syllabus for IISC exam, please help

Hello all,

I am doing my final year of the Graduation which I am soon going to complete. I wanted to know what is the syllabus for IISC entrance examination since I wanted to pursue for the Integrated PHD in Physics. Does anyone know what will be the course for this examination and also if possible then please provide me some sample question papers of IISC entrance examination. Thank you for any help.

Re: What is the syllabus for IISC exam, please help

The candidates must secure a first class bachelor's degree in Biology/ Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics for the eligibility criteria. If the candidates who have secured first class in B.E./B.Tech/B.Stat/B.A. with mathematics as one of the subjects then they can apply for the mathematical Sciences discipline. Note that these eligibility criteria can vary for different disciplines.

The syllabus and sample question paper for IISC exam include 2 parts of question paper that is Part A and Part B. In Part A you will have 40 marks paper and it will contain questions of objective types namely multiple types and fill in the blanks. Part B will contain 60 marks paper and will contain 10 question out of which you will have to answer 6 questions. You can download the same question paper from this link - http://admissions.iisc.ernet.in/web/..._Questions.pdf

The syllabus fo the IISC entrance test also includes Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Liner Algebra, Abstract Algebra and Oridinary Differential Equations. You can refer to some suggested book from Rudin W. Principles of Mathematical Analysis Third Edition, churchil r v and brown j.w. complex variables and applications, hoffman k and kunze r linear algebra, herstein i. n. topics in algebra second edition, etc.