Thread: Becoming a RAW Agent In India

Becoming a RAW Agent In India

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to becomea RAW agent in India? I am looking to join the RAW because I would like to serve for my country. I dont know anything about it so please tell me what all degrees are required to this field? What is the age period to join it and is it compulsion to have science or commerce stream for joining it? Thanks for information

Re: Becoming a RAW Agent In India

You will be only eligible to join RAW from either Army or Airforce or Naval base. The person who want to become a RAW agent is selected by higher authorities in these fields who will see how much fit are you for doing this job. After you are selected you will assigned a task that will be observed by others and failure to it will result to your disapproval.

I dont know how a RAW agent is chosen but all I know is that in most of the Indian Embassy you will find atleast 1 RAW agent. Once you have joined the RAW team, you are given most important jobs related to Nation's security and after you accomplish it you will be taken out for sometime. Also, you need to know multiple languages and should be skilled in Technology to do this job.

It is very difficult to join RAW. You might need to qualify for civil service exams and person scoring the top scores in the IAS exams are offered to appear for RAW. After that other qualified person's are selected for RAW atleast for a period of 5 years or so. This period can also extend upto 9 years depending upon the person's capabilities.