Thread: Career options in Media and Entertainment

Career options in Media and Entertainment

I want some advice on different career options available under Media and Entertainment. Today Media is an growing and required industry. There are ample of branches in that. I am confuse here which one will be more better. I can commonly see the course Bachelor of Mass Media in many colleges. But I want to go for the right track. I had seen there is a great struggle in Journalism. So I am better thinking of skipping that. Can anyone here guide me for the same. Thanks.

Re: Career options in Media and Entertainment

The right word to say here is Mass Media. It covers various stuff. It is just not limited to Journalism. What matters mostly here is the area of operation. There are different type of institutions in the world which offers you different career opportunity in the same. There are ample of private courses also.

A mass media has ample of job options. It is a door step to build good career under files and tv. You can choose the same as per your need. Job profile which comes under this is PR, Publishing, Film Making, Script Writing, Editing, etc. It is a nice branch which has many things to go for. But what here matters is your area of interest. What you are willing to do first. You must simply try first make up your mind which career you are willing to go for. Then only choose it. Like you said already that you are not so interested in Journalism. Make a list of job options available under Mass Media. Pursue your studies on that basis and then you can move ahead. That will be more organized. Once you finalize what you want to do, you can then simply choose the right institution which is giving you high end education and more better job prospective. There are ample of more options like VJ, RJ, comes under this. If you go for some career which is associated with TV media then you will need to gain a bit more confidence in the same. Just choose the right place to learn, others thing will come automatically.

I know some primary fields here. But they are all different. They comes under Mass Media and along with college degree it is necessary that you also go with private courses. You can go for Event Management, Mass Communication, Animation, Public Relation and Advertising.

I can list you some of the most popular institution which can give you the right course under Mass Media. First as mentioned above it is essential that you must choose a course here. Mass Media is vast and has ample of things to target. The institutions that will give you better eduction are Indian Institute of Mass Communication (Delhi), MS University of Baroda, Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai), National Institute of Advertising (Delhi), National Institute of Design (Gujarat) and University of Delhi. There are many other also. You must search first depending on your location. If you find the right institute then it is more easier to move ahead. The second thing you have to do is follow some additional courses which will furbish your knowledge more. Ample of reputed institution in the market offers you campus job placement. Which is another great opportunity for many. So just go through the list of courses offered by this institution and then check back.

Marketing and advertising is another part of Mass Media. My brother is in this field. It has great set of opportunities that offers you to have a great career. It also consist of branding and other stuff. As marketing is very important for every product you can simply imagine opportunities in it.

If you love writing then you can go for PR and Technical Writing which is good career options. PR is a bit ahead here. Here you manage Public Relation associated with Movies and Programs. It has a great competition but also it has more exposure compare to other job options. PR here consist of handling media jobs, and generating positive exposures. Also it consist of managing and organizing a different set of events. It is a challenging career. Publishing stands separately but nearly associated with PR. You can simply begin writing on topics of your choice and move ahead with full fledged writing. Writing consist of different parts here among which Technical Writing is getting popular due to rise in number of websites.