Thread: Is it possible to apply for PHD after B.Tech

Is it possible to apply for PHD after B.Tech

My brother has just recently done with B.Tech. Now he wants to go for PHD. But he is not able to find proper information on the same. I need some guidance on the same. It is possible to do phd directly after B.Tech. I need some help on the same. I hope there will be some options available that can help me to find a solution for the same. I had tried to contact some universities on the same which says that it is only possible after masters. Is there any university which is offering the direct phd after btech. And also what are the career prospect after that.

Re: Is it possible to apply for PHD after B.Tech

What I had seen on many places that only after holding a master degree you can simply gain admission to the phd courses. I do not think that graduation will be enough for that. This is applicable if you want to go for courses in reputed university.

The process actually goes after Master. It is good for career also. Graduation is not enough for phd and even if found admission somewhere I am sure you are not going to gain any weight-age on the same. It is essential that you follow the right process of doing the same. You have to sit for GATE first. There are more national level entrance exam which are held and you can on that basis go for the admission. Gate stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a tough exam which requires nice preparation before going for the same. There are some nice websites on the web that can give yo more information on how to go for the exam and how to prepare for it. There you can also find the eligibility for attending the exam. I will recommend you here to go for the masters first and in the mean time you can prepare for the phd also. That will be easy I think. GATE is very competitive. It has a pass ratio of 14:100. That means in every 100 candidate only 14 pass through this. So better work hard on it.

hello, as far as i know, Graduation is not enough for phd

You can do that through some private or international universities. There are ample of them available on the web. You can simply apply through them and go for the course. I am sure that will be applicable in private firms. But if you want to go with the regular courses then you have to for masters here.

I had seen a number of private courses are available on the same. Where you can simply go for Phd directly after B.Tech. GATE is required for the same. The benefit of going for this course is that you are at a very competitive edge and gain really great knowledge through it. It is recommended for those who believe in hardware and determination. Which a few exceptions available you can simply go for PhD directly after B.Tech and it works fine. There is no problem at all. After bachelor degree there are some requirements that you need. Like good GPA, some set of good recommendation letters, better gre score, etc. You can find the illegibility list on the web along with some international universities which are giving a direct admission after B.Tech for phd.

PhD is for those who wants a great career. But it is a long term investment. Which needs time and as well as hard work. But the career after that is great. I will also recommend you to go for Masters first and then only go for PhD. That will make your way more clear.

It is correct that PhD is not a short term course. It needs handwork and here you are simply working on something unique. The question is very common today. I had seen ample of students getting worried about doing PhD after B.Tech. Remember that you need a solid base to go for this course. You can do PhD with your job also. It is not just really so hard. But at the same time you can also concentrate on the area of your expertise. As it is a long term course it is recommended that you must not find shortcuts here. Ample of PhD courses are done abroad. And there are few people who simply goes for the course and earn a great reputation.