Thread: Which one is better SAP or JAVA for career

Which one is better SAP or JAVA for career

I had recently completed my BE. I want some help here to choose from JAVA or SAP. I had started JAVA training courses. But some of my friends said me to shift to SAP as it is having a great number of career opportunity. I am unable to find or choose which among them is better. I am confused here. Compare to JAVA, SAP might be more costlier. But here money does not really matters. What matter is to start with best for future career. Can anyone guide me on this.

Re: Which one is better SAP or JAVA for career

Go for SAP. JAVA is an programming language. It is having a nice scope but you will need to spend a few years with reputed firm. While SAP is a complete framework which comes with different set of applications which is today in great demands.

It is used by many mnc's and has a great career growth. It is necessary that you must go for SAP and along with this it also matters how much skills you develop in this. You will need to learn lots of thing here.

From career point of view SAP is better. There are more openings for SAP compare to JAVA and there is a much greater scope. After completing a course in SAP it is also essential that you must find out a proper reputed institution that gives you appropriate learning experience also.

It depends on your growth. SAP is more advance and has more money in earning. There are ample of reputed institution from where you can learn SAP.

In terms of today demand, SAP is more active. It stands for System Analysis and Products that deals with a kind of resource planing kit. The tool used here deals with good manufacturing and production based on a analysis by software. There are big companies which are looking for SAP programmer and are paying a good amount for the same. While JAVA is a independent platform that offers you better scope in future. You can work on your own applications on it.

Sorry for bumping a three week old thread. Can a Science graduate with programming knowledge (No BE, BTech) and a distant MCA from a reputed institute like IGNOU or SMU go for SAP?
    Wannabe a TECHGURU

Quote Originally Posted by Chinmin View Post
    Sorry for bumping a three week old thread. Can a Science graduate with programming knowledge (No BE, BTech) and a distant MCA from a reputed institute like IGNOU or SMU go for SAP?
    Well, I dont see any issues for you to go for SAP. I have seen may people who have done job in manufacturing industry to SAP QM consultant. So as per your interest you can join SAP if you want to.