Thread: Requirement to get job in Goverment Bank after Graduation

Requirement to get job in Goverment Bank after Graduation

I am looking for job in Government bank. I had completed my graduation in Banking & Insurance and earned 80%. When I had applied for interview at SBI found that they are having a separate criteria of appointment. There is a separate exam and Graduation is just an eligibility. It does not matter if I am having any specialization under Banking. Compare to Government sectors, I found my degree more valuable under Private banks. Can anyone guide me what is the actual requirement.

Re: Requirement to get job in Goverment Bank after Graduation

You are correct. Graduation is only eligibility. That does not means you can directly apply for job in Government banks. My sister earned around 90% in his last year. Later on she is doing a separate study for examination that will be held for bank jobs.

It is really very sad to find how our public sectors work. There must be some special provision which must clearly says that if you earn a good marks in specific course you can direct apply and come for interview.

Each bank under public sector is having a different kind of recruiting process. Your current education is just as part of requirement list. Even if you earn 99.9% you cannot get a job directly in government. To get job you have to go through their way. There is a separate book available which you have to study and then re-attain the exam. Once you pass you will be shortlisted and then interview will be scheduled. Under public sectors there is no difference between a marks attain by average and brilliant student. You just need the minimum eligibility marks.

My friend got around 55% which made him eligible to take examination of clerk job under public sector. And he passed. He is now working. I earn a much higher marks than him and working in a private sector.

Marks only matters you till your college. Once you go out you will find out the real competition. According to me good percentage can only help you in becoming a good professor or go for mbbs. And somewhat considered under private sectors.