Thread: What salary packages and Job offers are given pursuing ICWAI?

What salary packages and Job offers are given pursuing ICWAI?

I am a B.Com graduate from Mumbai university with 1st class pass. I want to get enrolled in The Institute of Cost Accountants of India. But my query is that if I get myself enrolled in this institute and pass out with good marks, what options will I have to pursue job as. Like what job profiles will be open for me after this. Also can someone tell me how much salary one will get if passed with good marks from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India?

Re: What salary packages and Job offers are given pursuing ICWAI?

Don’t be overconfident about passing from ICWAI with good marks. It is good to know that you want to aim for higher marks, but let me tell you that ICWAI exams are lot much tougher than B.Com. final year exams. You will need to study hard for it to achieve good marks. Another thing, you don’t get good salary by just passing out of ICWAI. You need to prove your potential to your employer and organization. Also the salary will depend on how much knowledge you have and how much of it you apply in your profession. Salary is not pre-determined for students passing out of ICWAI.

The salary depends on the organization or company you join. Also the position for which you will get the job will affect the salary. If you join a multi-national company, then your salary might be higher than a smaller scale company might give you. Again the salary will depend on the potential you have to overcome difficulties and hurdles in your work and your skills. You can work on many positions depending on your knowledge that you gained from ICWAI. You can apply for post of Managing director, Financial controller, Finance manager, Finance Director and so on. There are many more job opportunities for students who pass out of ICWAI.

I have been working in finance based organization and I have seen many ICWAI. Some positions where you can work depending on the skills and specialty are,

• Auditor
    • Accountant
    • Cost controller
    • Chief Internal Auditor
    • Mandatory cost audit
    • Certification under export & import policy
    • Certification of manufacturing account
    • Consultancy assignments
    • Excise audit

There might be many other positions and job profiles available in various organizations. The job profile depends upon the requirement of the companies.

After completing and passing out with good marks from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, you can even start your own business. You can become financial consultant where you can advise people on managing the funds of their company. You can become private auditor who will manage finance of various companies. If you start your own business, you can have various options for working. You can manage accounts, funds, incoming and outgoing money of various companies with whom you will tie up.