Thread: How to apply for NATA to get admission in architectural colleges

How to apply for NATA to get admission in architectural colleges

I have completed my HSC from science and I am planning to go for Architecture, I have heard that there is some entrance test called NATA, ( National aptitude test for Architecture) I wanted to know what is the whole procedure for giving the test? What is its eligibility? Time period and total marks of test? Subjects included in test? Every possible information so that I can get prepared for the xam, help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to apply for NATA to get admission in architectural colleges

Eligibility criteria is 50% marks in 10+2 in NATA (National aptitude test for Architecture), it is carried out in Architecture colleges throughout the country. Its test includes drawing, observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and creativity. It is conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA). One has to clear this test for getting admission to the first year of the 5-year B.Arch degree course. This year it was said to be held between 15th Mar 2012 – 31st August 2012. The test can be carried out multiple times within this time frame. To be at the safer side you should be in contact with nearby test centre as some test centers may open late or stop conducting tests before mentioned date. Once you appear for the test your marks will be available on NATA website in e-forma, it is likely to be declared on 4 working day after the test.

As mentioned above NATA test includes questions based on drawing, observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and creativity. It is 200 marks paper form which 100 mark is for written where you have to answer some question and draw mentioned things. Other 100 mark is a carried out in as online test which is based on math’s and history mostly. To get a better idea of the questions included in test you can go through some previous year question papers of NATA, you can get hold of it from web. You need to have drawing skills to score good marks, you can crack out questions and answers by referring previous year papers but their drawing topics keeps on changing. So you can’t just check out the drawing topics that might have got covered in previous year papers. Passing marks is 80 out of 200 but you need to score above 150 to 160 to get admission in good college.

You can refer below books for preparation of NATA:
    • Architecture Entrance Book by P.K. Mishra
    • Arihant Book’s A Complete Self Study Guide for B. Arch Entrance Examinations
    • B Arch Exam Guide by PK Mishra
    • Engineering Drawing by N.D.Bhatt and Pancha
    • NATA/AIEE B.Arch. Question Bank-2011
    • Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Agarwal

I have attached some previous year NATA question paper, you can check them out for reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files