Thread: Career Advice Required - Working in a small IT Organization as a Software Developer

smile Career Advice Required - Working in a small IT Organization as a Software Developer

Hi all,

Currently, I am working in a small IT Organization as a Software Developer for past 1.4 years.

I am having a concern related to my job profile as my current Designation is Software Developer, but for past 1.4 years i have done hardly any technical work.

I am working on a single project since 1.4 years, during this period i have done the requirement understanding, building a website prototype, handling client calls, tracking all the tasks of team members, cross communication with the Testing Team and the DB team for giving them the understanding of the project, participated in the project planning meeting and most importantly managing all sorts of documents related to the project.

Now, can anybody suggest which path should i follow depending upon my work experience and what profile should i put on my resume.

Any suggestion is welcome

Thanks in advance.

Re: Career Advice Required - Working in a small IT Organization as a Software Developer

Its really great that you have worked there as a software developer in that organization and you should be happy that you were shortlisted for such a prestigious designation. Now i can understand at the beginning you wont be given much expertise into the programming and stuff because they know you need to learn from them.

You have mentioned that you have done all types of work such as
    requirement understanding, building a website prototype, handling client calls, tracking all the tasks of team members, cross communication with the Testing Team and the DB team
    now you are working in a small firm hence multitasking will come in to the play.

As far as your career decision is concerned then let me tell you progress ahead with the programming field only. Right now i know that you haven't got much expertise on the programming from your current company but the experience that you have gained working in that firm, that definitely counts, when you switch to some other company. Make sure you put your profile as Software Developer in your resume when you go out for the job.

I hope that's pretty clear for you.

Re: Career Advice Required - Working in a small IT Organization as a Software Developer

Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciated.