Thread: Is it worth to go for any government job?

Is it worth to go for any government job?

I hope you all have read this title properly. So that’s my question for you what do you all think does the government job hold a very high value today as well? that’s what I want to know from you ? so please do reply.

I have finished my graduation in October and thinking of applying for the jobs but the parents in my house are pressurizing me to get in to a government job because it is a permanent job and we have good growth in it. so that’s why parents are asking me to get into that but my scope is somewhere else either a private bank or a mnc would do for me. As I think government jobs are really boring and I wont get to learn any new from there. That’s why I want to know what do you all think about the same. do government jobs still hold anything good for this new generation or its still the old generation of uncles dominating the government jobs? Have your say on this guys.

Re: Is it worth to go for any government job?

In my opinion definitely yes. Government jobs are still one of the most sought out jobs today as well. earlier people used to pray and dream to get into a government job and same is the case today as well. the demand for the government jobs hasn’t diminished yet. People are looking for a government job.

The two main things why people opt for Government jobs are
    1) Job assurity
    2) Good salary and the pension system after the retirement.

None of the good companies or the mnc believes in giving such facilities to their employees. There is no job assurity in any of the private firms. You can be terminated anytime. So that’s why the fear of losing the job is there in the back of the mind that’s why people opt for government jobs.
    The timings for the government jobs are also quite flexible there is no real pressure about the work as compared to the private firms. That’s why I think you should better listen to your parents and think about it.

I do agree with what this above person is speaking here completely in sync with you. Government jobs are quite cool and don’t be under wrong impression that it’s the old generation ‘uncles’ who dominate the government jobs no definitely not. In fact you can see a good amount of youths coming into the government sectors and working hard to get a job in the government sector. There are lots of sectors in the government jobs that’s why select up the field in which you are interested in and then only apply for the job, there are lots of websites which have been created to help you apply for the government jobs. So you can visit any of them and apply for the job. I hope I have answered out the query of yours anything else you need to know then please feel free to ask your questions over here I will answer it out for you.

If I had to choose between a government sector and the private sector then definitely I would be opting for a government job than the private one there are three most important reasons why I would be selecting government jobs only and not the private ones.

1) Flexibility of transfer- Government jobs are available all over India and hence getting a job in any part of India is a very simple thing. Even if I want to change the job location then I can simply do that. This is not the case with the private firms.

2) Growth factor- growth factor is the obvious thing that anybody would expect from a government. So definitely I would say this is one of the most important factors.

3) Flexible timings and less work pressure- the timings in any of the government jobs are really less and also convenient. Unlike private firms where you have been told to work for 10 hours but it sums up to 12 hours and more than that.

So these 3 reasons are really the most important points that anyone should note down before switching to a government job. I hope this was useful for you all. That’s it from my side for you.

I would be obviously going with the private sector job any time no doubt government job is good but if you want to earn good then private sector is the best thing. I don’t like government jobs simply because of the high level corruption involved in it. That’s why I have always dreamt of being a private job employee than the government one. Currently I am employed in TCS and I am happy that I am working here. They are giving me so much opportunities to work with side by side they do allow me to study as well as work. The job timings suites me a lot that’s why I would always ask each and every one of you all to go with the private sector job only and only if it is a good company and provides you good amount of growth. Do look into that I hope you did got what I am trying to say here that’s it from my side for you all.

I was just doing some research in google about the best companies to get hired with and surprisingly there was no government offices I came across. The companies that came under top 3 was TCS, Google and Infosys. All of them are private companies and not government companies. Top most centralized banks such as Central bank of india, state banks such as SBI came in 12th and 15th position respectively. So that’s stats almost tells you that how demanding are these private companies and especially the IT companies. The top most being one of them. That’s why I would always prefer to go with the private sector or a mnc then going with anyone else.

Now if you want to go with the government job then its upon you to decide with which industry are you going with? Government jobs varies from security, medical, administration, it, power plants, banks and many more. So its upon you with which section you would like to go with.

smile Re: Is it worth to go for any government job?

Quote Originally Posted by Fresher123 View Post
    I hope you all have read this title properly. So that’s my question for you what do you all think does the government job hold a very high value today as well? that’s what I want to know from you ? so please do reply.

I have finished my graduation in October and thinking of applying for the jobs but the parents in my house are pressurizing me to get in to a government job because it is a permanent job and we have good growth in it. so that’s why parents are asking me to get into that but my scope is somewhere else either a private bank or a mnc would do for me. As I think government jobs are really boring and I wont get to learn any new from there. That’s why I want to know what do you all think about the same. do government jobs still hold anything good for this new generation or its still the old generation of uncles dominating the government jobs? Have your say on this guys.
    Hi friend, i am priyanka and working in a govt. bank, i think your parents are guiding you in right way because now the condition of govt. sector in improving with the period of time, the ambience of offices are getting better and yes its a future securing sector, i got my job with the help of the govt. sites sarkari-naukri.in/jobs-by-companies/bank-jobs/ may be helpfull to you too.

brainjohn Guest

Yes its worth to go for government job but not for any job or any field in Government. I will prefer to do a government job where I can am assured that I won't get expelled.

I think that in every country, government jobs are the safest. In my experience, unless you are in a very high position, the salaries are not as high as you might reach in the private sector, but it is regular and safe whereas success in the private sector needs too much time investment and it still won't be sure you'll get a raise, and your job is never safe, you can get fired at any moment.

Yes. Your parents are right. Government jobs are very secure. It provides financial stability.