Thread: asp.net content management system

asp.net content management system

As I am working on my projects, I have some doubts which needs to be cleared. As I am connecting my project or forms to sql server database using asp.net as a front end tool and sql as backend .. can u tell m are you able to run the similar project with latest version like asp.net 3.0 with oracle(not using sql server) and I don’t want to write the code again. Can you suggest me some means.

Re: asp.net content management system

As I have came across this topic and in my knowledge, I am sure that it is possible since reason for having .net framework is it is somewhat system independent in addition to this one cause is you will be having more benefit as you are saying you want to make this done as you are working on a project so your code will be of starter level so no difficulty will be there but occasionally it will tend to create trouble rarely as Microsoft alters some of its classes of function causing difficulty but in my opinion they are very extraordinary.

I have some information which will be useful
    • You need to set the path to your database.
    • You also need to set the username for the system.
    • You can also set the password for the system.
    • In addition to this, set the upload path for uploading files.

As you are saying about the your connecting to the database you need to see that the database and uploading of the path should have read/write/delete permissions. The database is best situated outside of your webroot for best safety. There is no usernames or else passwords stored in the database, so this is not serious, but usually a fine thought.

I would add further in this case as once you have all the files copied into a folder anywhere in your website structure, as well as assuming you have default.aspx in addition to a "default page" in IIS. after that when you browse to the folder you should get the page that is set as default within the CMS (Content Management System).

almondsdc Guest

ThumbsUp Re: asp.net content management system

Quote Originally Posted by Adarna View Post
    As I am working on my projects, I have some doubts which needs to be cleared. As I am connecting my project or forms to sql server database using asp.net as a front end tool and sql as backend .. can u tell m are you able to run the similar project with latest version like asp.net 3.0 with oracle(not using sql server) and I don’t want to write the code again. Can you suggest me some means.
    Hi!

This is adams . If you working with asp.net with sql-server then this is the best combination . But you want upgrade your project there is no problem .

You can do it. And if you want to connect Oracle then you have reconfigure your database in oracle.

Then your application 'll go on fine.