Thread: Study Tips for Financial Risk Manager (FRM) exams

Study Tips for Financial Risk Manager (FRM) exams

I am thinking of giving Financial Risk Manager (FRM) examination this year so for this I want your all help regarding the Tips for the FRM examination. So can anyone from here help me out with this as this examination comes once in a year and so I don’t want to miss the chance. So for this I hope I get positive response from here…

Re: Study Tips for Financial Risk Manager (FRM) exams

As going through the above post I would like to know that what is FRM and what is job of the FRM as this seems new to me. So want to know about the job of FRM.

As going through the above post I would like to know that what is FRM and what is job of the FRM as this seems new to me. So want to know about the job of FRM.
    Big corporates and industries invest large amount of money in different areas which they don’t want to make loss. So this FRM people analysis the risk factor going on in the market and according to that they guide industries to making investment in that particular sector. So the designation of the FRM people are as follows :

1. Director of Investment Risk Management
    2. Head of Operational Risk
    3. Chief Risk Officer
    4. Senior Risk Analyst

As Financial Risk Manager (FRM) is divided in two levels so I would say that in level 1 topics covered in the FRM are basic fundamentals of Risk Assessment and in the level 2 topics covered are Advanced Risk Management. So for this as I have completed my both levels, so I must say that first you concentrate on the level 1 which covers fundamentals Risk Assessment as going through level 1 you will get all the basic knowledge in risk analysis and after which it will be easy for you in the level 2. For this you should start studying as study material is available with you.

If you want then you can take help with some from some of the passed candidates you know or if you want you even join some classes for more easy understanding. According to me you should refer to Kaplan Schweser book as this book covers all the syllabus systematically and in easy language and one should have minimum 250 hours of studying.