Thread: Physical Structure needed to be qualified for an IPS

Physical Structure needed to be qualified for an IPS

I have completed my Post Graduation this year, so there are the lots of option and courses for me to choose, but I’m interested in defense job, so I want to become the IPS officer. But I don’t have that much of knowledge about this, that what is the qualification need, what are the marks required to be qualified for the IPS examination candidate? , and also I’m very much confused about the physical requirement for this post, is it same as for the other defense requirement, I have search various site but there is no complete information for this , so I’m very much depress, so if you guys have any information about this criteria then please inform me.

Re: Physical Structure needed to be qualified for an IPS

To be an IPS is the better choice you have taken, there are the various and compulsory eligibility to be the IPS, so the following criteria you should have:
    • The minimum age require is of 21 years, and the maximum age 30 for the open category, 33 for Other Backward Caste(OBC), 35 for SC/ST. and the additional 5 year is given to the Ex-servicemen.
    • And for the physical standards as per the NPA, include the weekly running, rock climbing, horse riding, rope climbing, and also include some of the physical based sports like weapon throwing , iron ball throwing etc.
    • The Physical requirement is as minimum 165 cm height for the Male candidate from the General Category. And for the SC the height minimum requirement is of 160 cm.
    • The chest minimum require for the male candidate is 84cm and for the female candidate it is 79cm minimum.
    • The blood pressure for the candidate should be within the range of 123 to 127, and the count for the blood pressure is depends on the age of the candidate.

There are the compulsory criteria for the male candidate if he wants to qualify for the examination for the IPS, he must be minimum 21 years in age and maximum age is of 35 but depends on candidate category, there is the variation for the age according to their caste. And if we talk about the physical aspect then the minimum chest length should be 84 cm, height should be 165 cm. the listening capacity should be 1000 to 4000 thousand frequency within the range of 30 decibels. He must be physically strong and mentally sharp if he or she want to participate for these criteria.

I have search the criteria to be eligible for the IPS officer from the government sites this is as follow,
    For the Male candidate
    i. Height 160 – 165cm.
    ii. Chest 84 – 87cm.
    iii. Eye Sight 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
    iv. Blood Pressure 123 – 127.
    v. Good Listening ear cavity

If you are trying to get the selection in the defense field, then the physical fitness is compulsory, since for any of the defense selection there are the test for physical strength and even also there is the examination of eye vision, ear listening , general knowledge test etc. so for the IPS. The applied candidate should be minimum 160 cm in height is compulsory. The chest measurement should not less than 84 for the male candidate. And also there are the some tests so you just visit the sites for more information on subject and examination.