Thread: Is content writing a good option as career?

Is content writing a good option as career?

I have completed my b.sc graduation in information technology last year. I am looking for job. I am a fresher and I am finding it difficult to get a job. My friends told me about content writing as career. They told me that I should try it as a career as it has a wide scope and is in boom. I want to know that is content writing a good career option. Where can I apply for this and get a job? I have a good command on English language so I think developing is not going to be much difficult for me. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Is content writing a good option as career?

Well I would say that being from an IT background you have options. You can definitely go for content developing as a career. It would be good for you. This career will offer you horizontal options. Actually every sector needs good writer. So if you have that spark for writing there could be great career options.

You can go for website content developing. It is very good option as you is from an IT background. There are many companies that outsource the job of writing to a content writing company, while some companies hire content writers themselves. Any candidate who has a creative and an innovative mind can be a great content writer. Well you need to have basic skills to be a content developer. I would like to mention few skills below,
    • Graduate in any subject, preferably in English, Communicative Literature, Journalism, Mass Communication etc.
    • Excellent written skills in English with good sense of grammar and vocabulary.
    • Knowledge about the web and about search engine optimization (SEO)
    • Knowledge about MS word and preferably HTML.

i would say that content writing is very good as career. i would sat that there are many openings in the newspaper. go through the newspaper daily and apply for jobs. you need to send your resume to the company's email id and then if you are shortlisted that means if you are selected then just wait for the interview call.