Thread: What are the careers after MSc in physics?

What are the careers after MSc in physics?

I am a student and I am in the final year of my msc in physics. I am studying in Mumbai. I have also done my graduation from Mumbai itself. I am very much confused about my career. I don’t know what I should do after the post graduation. I want to know what fields open are for me after post graduation. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I like physics so there is nothing that I have to change my career line. Thank you in advance.

Re: What are the careers after MSc in physics?

Well I would say that you have good career opportunities in various fields of research. There are many research centers where M.sc in physics is required. You can be recruited in defense also. But for that you have to go through ssc and cds exams. You can go for research fields like aerospace, nuclear physics and aeronautics. If you like teaching, then I think that you should join any science or engineering college for teaching. I would wish you all the best for your career.

I think you should do ph.d in physics after completing your post graduation. You can become head of a laboratory, supervising several people, planning projects, authorizing purchases, hiring.

I would advise u to try for central or state civil service exams. In these exams you can choose the subject physics. You can also apply for the post of a scientist. I think initially you will be ranked as a junior scientist but slowly you will gain promotion. You have many options but you will have to go seeing your interest as you will have to work for your lifetime.

You have a lot of options. So I would that don’t worry. I would say that do whatever you want to. There are many consultancies available, from where you can get proper guidance. They are experts and they will guide you properly.

After your post graduation degree you can join merchant navy, you can be a pilot or you can go into defense line where there are applications of physics. For all these physics is main subject. You can join nasa if you want. you can look on google website for more eligibility information and for other details