Thread: What Are the Skills Needed for a Receptionist Job?

What Are the Skills Needed for a Receptionist Job?

I want to be a Receptionist in a MNC Company so will you please help me to get the more information for this profile, can you please explain me the skill to be need for this job? I’m really confused to take this decision because I don’t know the function of receptionist, that how receptionist works in large organizations and what are their roles? So if you have any kind of suggestion for my query helps me out?

Re: What Are the Skills Needed for a Receptionist Job?

Reception is considering the vital part of any organizations. Since they are the one who deals with the customers daily to receive clients and answer telephone calls. Their duties are to answer any query kept by the customers regarding company and its products. And also the responsibility is varying depending on the organization rule.

It is a prospect of most organizations that the receptionist maintains a calm, well-mannered and professional manner at all period, anyway of the visitor's activities. Some people works as receptionist as a part time and some continue this as carriers. In small organization, a receptionist may also be the workplace manager who is qualified with a variety of middle role for the business operation. If any one wants to be a receptionist in any of the organization he or she has the following skills to performs this function includes complete paper works, sending and receiving mail, writing letter, sending fax, entering the records, handling phone calls.

The receptionist is mostly seen in the office at the front desk at the entry level of an organization. They are considering as a first business contact person in any organization. The duties of receptionist commonly include directing the visitors’ contacts, arranging appointment for the guest with the staff of that organization. Most of the organizations are only hiring the receptionists who have the basic concepts of computer and software since it becomes the basic needs of the company. You can say the receptionist as a director in charge of first impressions of the organization. The main services of the receptionists is to handles incoming calls to the organization since it is important that the company focus on other tasks which is more important then call handling so the receptionists is required in any of the organization. So the need for the receptionist is high in today’s market.

The following are the skills you required to be a good receptionist
    a. Good Communication skill: This is most important skill which is necessary to be the good receptionist because it makes the first impression to the customer or guest.
    b. Time Management: Since any receptionist have to works through the day with a number of task so it is important that as receptionist should have the good time management skills in order to complete their task in time.
    c. Telephone good manners: Receptionist has to answer phone for fixing and cancelling appointment. And also they are the front line representative to the customer. So in order to make the first impression they should have the good manner of phone handling.
    d. Technical skills: The receptionist should have the basic knowledge of computer, database, spread sheet, operating system and also to use internet. This is good for the receptionist profile to have these skills.