Thread: is really a good future for System Admin???

is really a good future for System Admin???

hi this is infant, i am an indian.i finished my Batular of copmputer science

is really a good future for System Admin???

hi this is infant, I am an Indian .I finished my Bachelor of computer science engineering in 2010. I have got 80 percentage mark @ first class with distinction.
    Now I am joined as technical support engineer in a middle scale company located in Chennai. and my package is around 8 thousand per month. now I am having 10 month of experience in the same company.
    Most of My engineering friends who got around 65 % mark are get placed in MNC like Infosys,hcl,wipro. And they are earning around 25k per month.
    I really need you valuable reply for my below question
    I really worry about my future. Is this server admin or system admin fetch me a good package in my life?. Can I work in this same field as in technical engineer and move to server l2 support ?
    I really like the system administration more than programming. But I really don’t know how to face the future with this earnings.
    And too having well server administration knowledge. I have finished MCITP and I am the capable of read any thing.
    ((((
    I too attended some interview for l2 support .most of the candidate who came for interview with diploma and bsc graduates with experience of 2 years most.
    I don’t think that will fetch me a good salary.
    Can I move to software job after this? is this possible to move form technical support field to software field after a year?
    Can the next company accept this experience for the programming job.?
    )))
    (((
    Some of my friends has do main frame courses , that the institution offering placement sure. can I move there.?
    Or can I work in this same filed or is this job fetch me a good salary in future?
    If yes than how many years I have to work in this basic level salary? Is this technical field apt to BE graduate. But most of the firm prefer diploma candidate for this designation. Than when will I have the value for my degree.?
    Now my co workers are diploma candidate and bsc candidates
    )))
    . Please give me a suggestion on the above. i am really panic!!!!!!
    i want to settle down in my life so far i am ready to read and do any thing for that.

Re: is really a good future for System Admin???

Well first of all calm down my friend there is no need to be panic. So what I want you to do here is that see what you can do the best. I mean if you are a good software programmer and have interest in it than I want you to quit your current job and look anything under programming. And if you don’t know the basic of software programming and feeling really good what you are doing currently then it is better to stick it because this experience will surely help you in future and mind you system admin is not a bad post to be on. So I wish all the best for your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rompage View Post
    Well first of all calm down my friend there is no need to be panic. So what I want you to do here is that see what you can do the best. I mean if you are a good software programmer and have interest in it than I want you to quit your current job and look anything under programming. And if you don’t know the basic of software programming and feeling really good what you are doing currently then it is better to stick it because this experience will surely help you in future and mind you system admin is not a bad post to be on. So I wish all the best for your future.
    hi really thanks for your writings ... i am having well good enough in system admin field. i would like to know whether experience matters or degree matters.
    i am asking because, i am job search most of the recruiter preferred for experienced person and mentioned qualification as any degree so who is earn more experienced person or education qualified person?

Both experience and degree ranks high on their own standards. See if you are gathering maximum number of experience as a system admin and in future when you apply for the post related to the same in any other company then on basis of that experience you will get more pay/package. In my opinion experience matters the most but without degree it is nothing.