Thread: how to start with SQL server

how to start with SQL server

hello everyone i have come to this forum with the intention of making this thread. this is my first on this forum related to my studies so help me out with this. i want to to know all about SQL i am a student cs institute of technology. and we have this subject on SQL this is also the first time when i need to study about SQL i am kind of new at this. please help me out with finding a nice sets of referrals which are easy to understand and fun to read. as you might have noticed i am not much of a reader.

Re: how to start with SQL server

hey there do you mean you need to start learning about SQL. so why didn't you say so in simple words there is nothing to it. do not worry when i was in your place i also used to worry a lot about such stuff. but it is really very simple when you get the hang of it. the only thing that you did not mention here is which version do you want to learn about. there are many versions available out there so you will need to mention that first.

study!!!! lolzz, just kidding before you begin with the referals you should go out and buy one copy of Microsoft SQL Server and get it installed on your desktop/laptop. after that instead of trying to find easy content from the web you should probably try reading the manual which comes with the copy and understand that. this is my recommendation for you if you want to be a good data base manager you will have to do that.

there are many documents avaliable out there you one can easily get confused over which one to use and yes you should have a look at the manual of the Structured Query Language it is a great idea. you should also refer/learn the commands from Transact Structured Query Language and all the related syntax as it will prove very helpful for you. best of luck for your future and study hard party even harder.

You can also load Microsoft SQL Server Data Engine which is free to play around with. you have so many options but need not get confused over them all you need to do is go on trying new sets of instructions and try new structure of data base every now and then. it is all about your interest to fiddle with the syntax. if you go on having fun with this you may actually end up becoming great at data management.

you need not worry about the version but inquire about the latest one which ever is that and start by studying that. there are not many changes in any of the versions related to syntax so go for the latest one as it has all encapsulated feature in all the other versions of the Structured Query Language. and there will be no problem for you in the future. there will be new versions coming out after that but you only need to keep in mind the changes and go for that in particular. nothing more. best of luck.