Thread: From where should I start learning SQL

From where should I start learning SQL

Hi everyone. I have heard many things about SQL which is a database language. Some of my friends who are in IT field told me about this. They told that I can make my career in it. After having look on some of computer languages I am quite interested in studying SQL. So I was just searching for some tutorials or books or any kind of references using which I can start referring to it. So guys help me to find some good documentation which provides me to learn SQL Server from very first level.

Re: From where should I start learning SQL

Well you haven’t told that from which version of SQL you want going to start because there are many versions provided by SQL such as My SQL, SQL server 2000, SQL server 2005, SQL server 2008 etc. Since you want to learn from the very first level, you must start with My SQL which provides basic contents which will help you to understand this language. You can refer to refer to various books such as complete reference, SQL bible etc.

SQL is a language for accessing and managing the database.SQL and Oracle are basically two languages provided to manage the database. Oracle is much advanced so I would prefer you to start with SQL. There are several websites which provide many studying materials for SQL Server also you can get all latest updates and information regarding the software’s so that you can download them and use.

As you told that some of your friends are currently studying in IT field so you can take help from them. Rather then directly starting or referring the books its better if you learn from your friends because your friends will be able to guide you from basics. You can clear any doubts with your friends and you will be able to clear your doubts more quickly as compared to solve your doubts with the help of website.

SQL is one of the best standard language used for accessing the database. Learning SQL is a good idea. You can make your career in it. Since you are studying it for the first time you must take help from the internet. There are many websites which provides online tutorials. Studying online is great because it reduces much of your time and saves money which people spend by going in some classes. Learn by yourself and see to it whether you are able to learn it in future or not.