Thread: Need Admission information for PGSEM at IIM Bangalore

Need Admission information for PGSEM at IIM Bangalore

I think all have previously filled CAT application forms and revisions are in full swing. IIMB has in printed its admission process for 2011 as well as PGSEM that is: Post Graduate Program in Software Enterprise Management. So here I just need some information about this. If anyone have any idea or any suggestion on this for me than, please provide me. I am really waiting for any upcoming inputs. Thanking you.

Re: Need Admission information for PGSEM at IIM Bangalore

The Post-Graduate Programme in Software Enterprise Management (PGSEM) directing to a Post-Graduate Diploma in Software Enterprise Management is a supervisory general management education programme intended for the precise needs of professionals working in the software and information technology business in India. It was founded in 1998 and thus far there is approximately 1000 alumnus. Mainly, the applicants are from IT/ITES industry.

I would be applying to IIMB PGSEM possibly via GMAT this year. Up till now to give GMAT. As well writing CAT but rather not influenced of CAT scoring so submitting via GMAT. I have approximately 2.5 Years of experience and would like to know whether somebody having 3 years of joining faces any obstruction experience wise or any other reasons. As well what’s the supreme experience to apply to PGSEM? As well if I submit my PGSEM scores though CAT in the online form can I apply to PGSEM afterward by GMAT or give the PGSEM test afterward?

I think there will not be any obstruction with the slight work experience; approximately 10-15 % of the batches are in the experience 3 to 5 years. So if you have a well test score, you should be in a well place to get an interview call. The standard experience of PGSEM generally utilized to be in 7 to 8 years of range. While you apply for PGSEM unconnectedly, you will have the choice to submit which score you would like the admission group to think. So no fears if you checked the PGSEM option in the CAT form now.

In my knowledge, a person with minor years of experience should have a tremendously competitive CAT score. The minimum CAT score (that I have heard people with countless experience get through with) is approximately 96 percentile. Concerning the max, we had friends in my class who got calls from IIMs for the full-time PGP programme, but up till now decided to join the PGSEM. So that makes the full range there.

I have got 96.9% in CAT' 10 and have approximately 2.5 yrs of experience as a Software Engineer. The acads and extracurricular are upright. Do you feel it’s going to be incredibly tricky for me to get selected given my low work experience? Please tell what the things I be supposed to focus on are. I mean what are the things which can assist me get selected even at a low work experience. What are the prospects of interview board from people with my type of profile?