Thread: How to prepare for Aptitude Test?

How to prepare for Aptitude Test?

I have obtained Bachelors degree in Information Technology or you can say Bsc(IT) from Patkar College . I have good academic scores. Since mumbai university has semester pattern, I have scored 1st class in all the six semesters and 62% and 67% in 5th and 6th semesters. We were being told by our faculty members that companies approach will approach in the last semester for campus placement and call for Aptitude test. I have appeared for 4 Aptitude test so far but I have not cracked a single one. I do not know what does wrong in the test, some time I feel very embarrassed and now feel reluctant to appear any more. If anybody really knows how to crack it please give your inputs.

Re: How to prepare for Aptitude Test?

I do not know why do you feel embarrassed for that, no one gets success without effort. You are not a single person that is left out, in fact there are lot of students like you who do not clear out in their first few attempts. Your academic scores are excellent, you mentioned that you have done your graduation in IT, you can register your updated resume in lots of recruiting websites such as naukri.com , Monsters.com, but the most preferred is Chetana's forums because that consults mostly for IT people. Before attempting any test, apart from the technical knowledge you should be mentally prepared as well. Do not underestimate yourself, you will definitely clear the next test if you are both mentally and technically prepared. Refer to any website that provides tips and suggestions on how to attempt the questions in the aptitude test. Wish you all the best.

Yes I totally agree with what G-MAT have written, you are letting the test catching your nerves. In hurry you are losing your number of options. Let me remind you if you are not aware that once you attempt an aptitude test for any company and if you do not clear it, you will have to wait for 3 to 6 months to reattempt i.e you cannot attempt the same test for at least 3 to 6 months for the same company , this are the policies set by each and every companies for the campus and off campus placements. It depends on companies , how much they keep the hold duration , for example the hold duration is 3 months in Patni computers and and 6 months in companies like CapGemini and TCS (TATA Consultancy Services). So I will suggest you to be calm and cool , do not just waste the opportunity and reduce your options.

I really feel very sorry for you , because I am stuck in the same situation as you are in right now. I too have done BSc(IT) but from different college. I have done it from NK college situated in malad(w). I too have failed 3 aptitude test and really feel dejected . Despite of scoring good marks in all the semesters I could not clear a mere test that includes multiple choice questions. I took my brother's advice who is an engineer. He says it would be better to attempt the question you think you can solve them correctly rather than trying to solving the whole question paper. Take your ample time in solving those and make sure the answer you derive is the correct one.

I would like to comment here apart from the aptitude test. I think just the graduation is not enough if you really want to work with such big names you have mentioned in your questions. You should do a specialization or mastery in a particular area , for example if you want to work as developer then why do not you pursue a Microsoft .NET certification or JAVA from Sun Microsystems. I think there you will able able to find what exactly you want to do . But you should choose the course according to your interest