Thread: Top jobs for IT professional in 2010

Top jobs for IT professional in 2010

Now we are about to go in the year 2010. The current globalized economic system can provide greater job opportunities, but it also increases the competition. In the last year because of recession many people have lost their jobs but some IT jobs remain the same. I just want to know if I am planning to go in the IT industry which field or which IT skill I have to master so that recession does not cause me any problem.

Re: Java and .net are evergreen field in IT

According to me you must go for the evergreen field of IT industry that is Java and .net. If you specialize in this field then you can adopt web development or enterprise level applications. With the progression towards web based application there is always a demand for the IT professional who can keep the company or organization with the fast moving world.

Re: Cloud computing is a good option

Cloud computing is also a good option to go for, because it is becoming mainstream all over the world. It offers on demand utilization of a shared, infinite amount of computer resources through the internet giants like Amazon.com, Google.com, Salesforce.com. According to the research IT service providers are enduring to invest in cloud computing.

Re: Rich Internet Applications

If you are good in designing I will suggest you go for Rich Internet Applications (RIA). Now the next question will be what are these Rich Internet Applications are. Rich Internet Application are Adobe Flash, Java/JavaFX, Mozilla's XUL, Microsoft Silverlight, etc. Now the companies are not only building their websites but they are also opting for social sites like Orkut, Twitter and Facebook. For building these sites they need designer with these abilities.

Re: Top jobs for IT professional in 2010

You cannot forget mobile development. From a report it was clear that Smartphone sales have crossed 41 million units. Well this is not a small figure. Hence you can find good carrier in mobile sectors also. Enterprise wants application like CRM and ERP to be available on mobile phone for their employees. I am sure this will impossible with the knowledge of technology.

Re: Embedded technology is also a good option

Well I am working in a company which works on embedded technology. According to me this is also a good field to choose. Today each and every gadget has embedded technology in it. This much older field compared to mobile phone technology but it is the most powerful field. Enterprises want one solution for various requirements. This has created a high demand for hardware and software professional.

Re: Top jobs for IT professional in 2010

Many people prefer for IT and computing jobs. Godo post. Thanks for the information. By the way have anyone heard of they provide a cloud computing conference, it is about the latest trends and changes in the cloud computing. It is more useful for the IT and computing professionals.