Thread: Bca After Career

Bca After Career

Hai all!
    I'm a BCA graduate from IGNOU.
    As i've done it distance I dont have practical upto the mark technical knowledge.plz suggest me which courses I should learn to get good jobs.
    presently i'm in teaching field in schools,now I want to change my career as programmer plz help me.

Re: Bca After Career

You want to become a programmer, so you have to learn programming language, see which language are you interested in. There are lot of programming languages like : C++, Java, VB, .Net, VB.Net, etc... Its better to start with the basic language that is C then proceed towards Java. Java has a lot of scope...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudra.J View Post
    You want to become a programmer, so you have to learn programming language, see which language are you interested in. There are lot of programming languages like : C++, Java, VB, .Net, VB.Net, etc... Its better to start with the basic language that is C then proceed towards Java. Java has a lot of scope...

hai Rudra I've learnt c,c++ .
    somebody are saying go for .net technologies rather than java.
    some people are telling me to do webtechnologies.
    some people are telling me now in the time of recession ,being a fresher(means dont have experience -my passout year was dec 2006) u wont get any job?

Even some people are saying most companies wont take IGNOU BCA students.Is it true?

plz give me a suggestion friend?

Dude,
    Don't listen to what people are saying to you.
    One who works slowly & steadily wins the race. You must understand one thing that if you are good with your programming skills & logic then no matter from where you have completed your BCA you will get a good job.
    Yes the recession is there but with time it will get clear soon.
    You want to change your profession so as a beginner you need to focus on the learning than earning. Earn the experience.
    About the specialization I must say there is nothing like what is good or better. Do what you want to do. If you are comfortable with C,C++ & java then go for java. IF you think VB is good for you then do .net
    Yes web technologies are there in market & much in demand.

Again if you want to learn further you can do MCA from a reputed university. Try to do full time course than correspondence. You will need to spend 3 yrs. So take your own decision.
    All the Best!

@ashok.m Thank u for ur suggestion it's very much piece giving.
    I'm pursuing mca from ignou so same thing ,I have theoritical knowledge no practical.

which course u think is in very demand now ? if u know any career related sites , plz let me know.

If you are good in PHP, then must try for JAVA, cause there is wide opportunities in JAVA technology...