Thread: Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Ph.D. and M.Tech. Programmes

Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Ph.D. and M.Tech. Programmes

Courses/Exams: Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. and M.Tech. Programmes of the Institute for the Academic Year 2009 – 2010.

At present the DIAT conducts 11 Post Graduate Degree courses in the area of Defence Technologies (as given below ) leading to M. Tech. Degree. All M. Tech programmes are recognized by the AICTE.

Ph. D. Programmes:

Science: Pure/Applied Chemistry, Pure/Applied Physics, Pure/Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Library & Information Science

Engineering: Chemical Engg, Electrical Engg, Electronics and Telecommunication Engg, Computer Engg, Metallurgical Engg, Material Science and Technology, Mechanical Engg, Control Engg, Aerospace Engg, Marine Engg, Armament Engg, Vehicle Technology, Industrial Engg, Production Engg.

M.Tech Programmes:

Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical (Weapons), Computer Science & Engineering, Gas Turbine Technology, High Energy Materials, Laser & Electro Optics, Modelling & Simulation

Re: Defence Institute of Advanced Technology Ph.D. and M.Tech. Programmes

Eligibility:
    1. Master’s degree in Physics/Applied Physics/Electronics Or equivalent Or BE/B.Tech. in Electronics/Instrumentation/Communication from a recognized university

2. Master’s degree in Physics/Maths/Statistics Or Computer Science provided Mathematics is one of the subjects at graduate level Or Bachelor’s degree in Engg/Technology from a recognized Institution/University

3. M.Sc. (in any branch of Chemistry) Or BE/B.Tech. (Chemical Engg.) Or B.Tech. (Polymer Science/Technology)

The age limit is 26 years as on 01st July, 2007

Application procedure: The interested candidates are requested to apply in the prescribed format to the Registrar, DIAT, Girinagar, Pune – 411 025 along with attested copies of GATE score card, marksheets, certificate of qualifying examination, proof of age and certificate from competent authority in respect of reserved categories. An attested passport size photograph to be pasted on the top right corner of application form.

Last date of submission of Forms: 31st May, 2007.

The courses are of two years duration starting from July 2007. A fellowship and a yearly contingency will be paid to 5 GATE/UGC-CSIR (NET/SET) qualified candidates selected for each course as per AICTE norms. Selection of the candidates will be based on valid GATE/UGC-CSIR (NET/SET) score and an interview and/or written test to be conducted at DIAT, Pune.

http://www.diat.ac.in/

hello sir i have qualified gate 2009 scoring 442 ,93.44 percentile , all india rank 51 . i want to apply for m tech programs in aerospace engineering . i am in my final semester and doing my aeronautical engineering from aeronautical society of india . am i eligible for m tech program. thanking u

sir, i want to ask that in the NET CSIR exam for life sciences, questions come from physics and chemistry or not?
    please do reply
    and which books i should prefer for the preparation