Thread: Career in Security, Please advice

Career in Security, Please advice

Hi,
    I am doing BCA & my friend is also doing the same course & we both are planning to do MCA after that.
    Now my friend is also joined CCNA certification course & wants to persuade career in security.
    I am searching for such course please help me for the same.

Re: Career in Security, Please advice

What area are you interested in working in (Microsoft, Cisco, Firewalls, etc.)?

The way you get into InfoSec is by leveraging your current experience and skills. For you that would be IT and netadmin. Concentrate on the learning security aspects of those fields and getting the related certifications (CCNA: Security, CCSP, SSCP, etc.). Emphasize the security parts of your job on your resume.

CCNA > CCNA: Security > CCSP this will be the sequence.

Consider doing the CCNP as well.

CISSP can fit in anywhere, but you'll need four years of experience to qualify (it's five by default, but one of your other certs will take a year off).

I would suggest that the SSCP is the next step after Security+. The SSCP is a generic security technology cert and very much what you would expect a Security++ cert to be. The CEH is highly specialized in only a very specific area of InfoSec. Getting the CEH is akin to getting a cert in a specialized field or technology, like network firewalls or electronic forensics.

jack_jais Guest

Hii its gr8 that you are thinking to go in network security as you have done ccna i suggest to go for CEH v6 (Certified Ethical Hacker). It is international certification by EC- Council it is the entry level certification in network security and then you can go for CCNA Security for more counceling contact Jodo Institute New Delhi

kate88 Guest

Advice

Oh, that's great!!!!!! It's a good field and security is a good sector.It is a good option for you.I like it.You can try to joined this field.Network security is also the best field.I think it's more better for you.::

ohmy Hello,

I'm new here.. thanks for accepting me in this forum. I would like to meet a lot and know a lot as well..
    looking forward.