Thread: New C# programmer, need beginners book

New C# programmer, need beginners book

I am just starting to look into programming in C#. I am looking for some insight to get a couple of books as well as the C# software. Any suggests are welcome. Specifically, I am looking for a solid beginner's book (assume I know nothing about C#) and a solid beginner --> intermediate book.

Thanks.

Microsoft Visual C# .Net by:Joyce Farell published by: Thomson Course Technologys is great for beginners. It is not a refrence book it teaches you. It mainly covers console applications wich in my opinion you should always start with. It is the first programming book you get if you go to DeVry in Cincinnatti. Once you do that learn a bit about GUI then i sugest buying C# Complete published by i belive SYBEX. It is quite a few books rolled into one i fined it verry useful for both refrence and learning. Good luck

Sams' Teach Yourself Visual C# 2005 Express

Read it, it's pretty cool.

I have "Beginning C# 2008 From Novice to Professional" its published by Apress (if you go to there website you can get it as an ebook for about half price). The thing I like about it is it gives you questions to do at the end of each chapter so it gets you to think about solving problems rather than just passively reading through the book.

Sams' Teach Yourself Visual C# 2005 Express has questions at the end of each chapter, as well. It may be a tad older, but hardly anything has really changed.

I would have to agree with Reegan on that one (cause i was in that class too ) but i will one up him, the C# Complete book was pretty good. personally i used Sams : Teach Yourself In 24 Hours - C#. My version was for vs. 2003, but it was I primarily used when i first started.

Guyz,

Suggest some good books on C# for beginners. Blackbook is already there with me.

Sams Teach Yourself C# in 24 Hours
    Sybex - Csharp Complete
    User Interfaces in C#—Windows Forms and Custom Controls
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET 2003 Unleashed

For beginners, these are good I'm reading them these days, and I'm a beginner too, so I can recommend them. I already know C++ so I find it a little easier.