Thread: playing .odm audio file on Sony PRS-T1

playing .odm audio file on Sony PRS-T1

I am using a Sony PRS-T1 ebook reader for quite some time and I have never tested any kind of audio book on the same. I recently downloaded one from the local library and the file is in .odm format. I have tried various methods to play this song in my ebook reader but cannot get it play in anyways. I even tried to connect it to Windows 7 on the computer but to no avail. So, does anyone know about a way on how to play .odm file on Sony PRS-T1 ereader or way to convert the files? Thanks

Re: playing .odm audio file on Sony PRS-T1

If you want to download the .odm file then you will need to download it with the Overdrive Media Console that can be found here - http://app.overdrive.com/. This is just a website to get the real download for the mp3 or the wmv files. After that you will be able to put the mp3 files atleast on your Sony PRS-T1 ebook reader. If you have wmv file then you will have to listen it with other means of similar website or such.

Re: playing .odm audio file on Sony PRS-T1

You also do not have to use the Calibre to transfer mp3 to your Sony ebook reader. You can simply do it manualy, just try to create a folder somewhere on your SD card and then copy the folder full of mp3 in it and after sometime Sony will automatically spot and load them into the audio section. I am following this same method on my Sony ebook reader and it works quite fine, however the volume of the audiobooks is a bit low.