Thread: no books found after upgrading firmware on Kobo N647 Wireless

no books found after upgrading firmware on Kobo N647 Wireless

I am using an old Kobo N647 Wireless ereader and recently I upgraded it to the latest firmware version. There was no problems using this device for 2-3 days but soon after that when I turned off and turned on again then it said that it is updating the software on my ebook reader. Once it was done, I noticed that there were no books in the library. If I am connecting it to my desktop computer then I can see the books in the drive but if I disconnect the reader from the computer then it says that there are no books found. Kindly help.

Re: no books found after upgrading firmware on Kobo N647 Wireless

Can you please tell us whether you have removed the SD card after powering down and before restarting and allowing the update to install. Or else did you try to remove and reinsert the SD card from the device after some time? I want to know this because there are many same problems going around with other firmwares for the newer devices where SDHC contents were ignoted until the SDHC was cycled. Just try to do all this things and let us know.

There seems to be problems going with many people who have upgraded this Kobo N647 Wireless ebook model where the books are not found. It seems that the upgraded firmware is incomplete and made available to the public. So, I would suggest you to download the firmware version 1.9.11 and apply it manually. It will be able to solve the issue for you. Or else you could also do a factory reset so that the firmware can be installed over it.

Yes, try to do a manual factory reset and see if that works:
    1. If possible, turn off your eReader.
    2. Note: If your eReader doesn't turn off, try holding the power button to the right until you see Powered off on your screen.
    3. Press and hold the light button.
    4. While holding the light button, slide the power button to the right several times to turn on your eReader.
    5. Continue holding the light button and wait until the power light blinks rapidly.
    6. Let go of the light button.
    7. You'll see a Restoring message on the screen.

For more information visit this website - https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...hd-or-kobo-glo