Thread: How to download eBook from Sony PRS-T2 library

How to download eBook from Sony PRS-T2 library

I am using a Sony PRS-T2 ebook reader and previously I used to download borrowed ebooks directly by login to my local library and return the book after completing it. But now it is over taken by Kobo and this cannot be done. I am able to login to the library but cannot go into the ebook account and thus cant download any ebook as well. For downloading I have to use my pc. So, can anyone tell me if there is any other way to download ebook from library of Sonu PRS-T2? Thanks

Re: How to download eBook from Sony PRS-T2 library

Can you tell us whether you are using an eReader app that has some kind of Adobe ID capability for DRM, for example, Aldiko, Mantano, etc. I also dont know whether the Kobo device has an Adobe DRM ID setting for the device similar to the Nook ones. Actually, the library books require the Adobe DRM ID for downloading any ebook and think that it can be only used for the ebook reader it is set for and it will not be used for any other ereader.

I was also able to download ebooks from library before updating to the latest firmware that included direct access to the Kobo Bookstore on the homepage of my Sony ereader. After a lot of tries, I was able to download a book from my local public library finaly. It actually took some effort to complete the process from and you can also do this by going to login > add to cart > checkout and download. You should try again and make sure when you are at library website then you are not missing any of steps you need to checkout a book.

I would suggest you to download the latest firmware on your Sony PRS-T2 ebook reader. With the latest firmware I think that you will be able to access and borrow ebooks directly from the library. There is also a workaround to change the authorize for Adove DRM on the reader by going to Settings > Initialization > Deauthorize for Adobe DRM. After that authorize the reader again using a new Adobe ID and Password. You can also download the latest update from the below link:

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model...d#/downloadTab