Thread: Book recommendation that can teach to build responsive website

Book recommendation that can teach to build responsive website

I am trying to find some good books that can guide me to build responsive website. I am not able to find anything that can really guide me to create sites which can be used on various platform. Like you can open that well on a portable device, on a tablet and on pc also. I can find many books on web programming. That is learning the java, php and other stuff. But I am not able to find anything that can really help me to make a responsive site. One which can work well on all platform and produce decent results. I am quiet sure there will be some really good books for the same.

Re: Book recommendation that can teach to build responsive website

You can start with Responsive Web Design with HTML 5 and CSS 3. This book is by Ben Frain. It is a nice book that has too many things to learn and you can create a effective Responsive Web Design through this. This book covers various latest standards and can let you to create a very impressive design. There are nice code sample that can help you to display your web pages on different types and sizes of screens. And it will be also for you to maintain code a bit easily. There are ample of advanced design techniques in this book.

There is a set of three books which might also help you. Here just reading any ebook is not essential. You must also work on the content part. I will recommend you to go for Content strategy, design and optimization of your first website. This is a nice book that will help you in understanding various things and also it will teach you how effective a design is. It is very simple to understand and it will give you a lot of features also. It will also teach you a lot about cms thing. You can just understand the concept of using your site which might help you a lot.

Just recently I had referred to a book called as Quality Web Best practices for improving your site. It is written by Elie Sloïm, Laurent Denis, Muriel Dona Fabrice Bonny. You can very easily find this on the web. It is an effective book and also very easy to understand. It having some smart samples that will guide you to for understanding the most basic and advance concept. You can find this book very easily in the market. You can try vising on the site and you can test out the features and benefits of the same. That will guide you more.