Thread: battery drain problem with Nook HD+

battery drain problem with Nook HD+

I am using a Nook HD+ ebook reader from long time and have also rooted it but running on stock. The problem that I am facing with this device is too much of battery drain. It will all of a sudden go from 100% charge to critically low after just a couple of hours of using. Is there anyone else who is facing this problem? If so, then did any of you try to solve it? I am thinking of doing a factory reset and see if this will fix the problem with the draining battery or not. Thanks

Re: battery drain problem with Nook HD+

I have a Nook HD+ with the N2A card which is also not showing the correct battery percentage, like for example, if it shows 99 percent then it is actually at 20 percent only. I also turn off the wireless on this device and if I dont use it for a day or 2 then I am supposed to charge it fully. You can try to revert back your ereader with the original Nook HD+ software and check how long the battery lasts, this way you will know what is wrong.

I would suggest you test by using all the apps to see which is draining the battery more in the Nook HD+ ebook reader. You can try to download the GSam Battery Monitor which will be able to help you narrow down the power consumption a bit. I also had this problem on my Galaxy smartphone and later I found out that the Weather app was causing this battery drain problem. So, I deleted that app and restarted my phone and then the problem seems to have got better.

How old is your Nook HD+, it might be possible that due to an age old device the battery might be gone. The lithium batteries that are used in this device tend to work on an average about 2-3 years only. Certain amount of charging cycles also reduces its long run since they start to lose capacity. I had a device whose battery lasted for more than 4 years after which it completely died. So, if your device is pretty old then it might be possible that the battery is gonna die.