Thread: Nook Simple Touch major problem after inserting wrong memory card

Nook Simple Touch major problem after inserting wrong memory card

I have recently purchased a new Nook Simple Touch ebook reader. I also got a new 64GB SD memory card and connected it in the slot of this ereader. But immediately after that this device got shut down. I didnt know that this ebook reader only supports 32gb cards only. Now when I am trying to start the device, then it will restart of its own couple of times and sometimes the touch screen will also freeze. Can anyone tell me how do I get this ereader to work again? Thank you

Re: Nook Simple Touch major problem after inserting wrong memory card

You will have to first of all try to remove that unsupported SD memory card and check if the your Nook Simple Touch ebook reader boots properly. If this doesnt work then, remove the card first and then try to hold the power and sleep button for 20-30 seconds to check if the device is restarting fine or not. Just follow this procedures and see if any one of the method is working, if not then replay back to us.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest firmware version to your Nook Simple Touch ereader. You can download the software update to your computer at any time and then copy it onto your NOOK Simple Touch or NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight. Simply follow the steps given in the below link. Note that your NOOK must remain turned on while the update is being installed. Once the software is installed, your NOOK will reboot itself back to the Home screen or the last screen you were on:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Soft...uch/379003175/

You can try to perform a soft resest on your ebook reader which will solve all the problems. This will simply restart your Nook device and will also not delete any of the saved data in your ebook reader. All you need to do is simply press and hold the Power Button for 20 seconds and release it after that time period. This action will also turn off the Nook device completely. If this doesnt work then try to reset your device by pressing and holding download the Power Button for two seconds only.