Thread: Kindle Fire HD7 carousel issue

Kindle Fire HD7 carousel issue

I am using a Kindle Fire HD7 and my sister is also using the same model which is working fine and we are enjoying it a alot. But there seems to be one problem with it. If anyone of us purchase an ebook or mails a personal document then although it is being sent to another device but still it shows up in the carousel of both Kindle Fire ereader. This is kind of very irritating for both of us. Can anyone tell me any possible way to turn off this thing? Thank you

Re: Kindle Fire HD7 carousel issue

It looks me that you might have your ebook reader option set up to show everything in your Amazon Cloud. You just need to set each category on each Kindle Fire HD7 to display only the things loaded on that device. And if you want to do that then touch each category items like Games, Apps, Books, etc; to display the items in that same category and after that touch the device button at the top of the screen for adjusting them.

If the ebook is newly bought or if the personal documents have been emailed then it is only going to appear on the carousel irrespective of the setting that displays content in each individual category, whether its cloud or the device itself. What I can recommend you is to avoid receiving book or any document tansactions made by others on same account, instead create a separate account for the different devices.

I guess that the ebook will only show but you wont be able to download it. So, just tap on it and delete it from the Carousel. This way it will go to the Cloud if it is not downloaded to your Amazon Kindle Fire HD7. Other than that it will be good to use different accounts if or you can get rid of the carousel entirely and use a different launcher. There are many launcher that is available in the store which you can get for free.