Thread: How to transfer settings to new Amazon Kindle Fire

How to transfer settings to new Amazon Kindle Fire

Some months ago I purchased a new Amazon Kindle Fire ebook reader and after using it for a while it started rebooting on its own frequenty. Now I am looking to replace my Kindle Fire ereader and therefore I want to know a way to transfer the data from those apps? I have checked that it is very simple method to again download apps and books again on the ereader but that is just a pain for myself doing it again and again. The main thing is I also want to get my web browsers favorite items back. So, can this be done? Thanks

Re: How to transfer settings to new Amazon Kindle Fire

What is the model of the Amazon Kindle Fire that you are using? Incase you are using the latest 2014 model then you can simply go to Settings > Device Options > Backup and Restore and tap on Backup Now. Afterwards when you get your new device as a replacement then you can go to the same setting and click on Restore to get back all the data and settings. Still in the user guide there seems to be some notice that it is supposed to ask the user if they want to restore from a backup or start new when it is first registered.

If you are using an old version of Amazon Kindle Fire ebook reader then you will have to download an application to back them up or else connect them to the computer and back them up via the USB cable. You will be also required to upgrade your ereader to 4.1.1 version or else 4.5.1 Fire OS and then you will get the Backup/Restore function working for yourself again. Hope this helps.

Yes, even I agree that transferring files from your Kindle Fire by apps is one of the easiest way to do that. With the help of an app you will not require to have a usb cable for it to work and it is also very handy if you do not have one or left it at home when you are somewhere else. You can find many different apps which will offer you to transfer files in your new Kindle Fire, like WiFi File Explorer Pro app which I am using at the moment and it is the best.