Thread: question with margins on my Kobo Aura H2O

question with margins on my Kobo Aura H2O

I have recently purchased a new Kobo Aura H2O and I am trying to get used to it. At this time I am not able to get the page to appear more balanced. I dont want to have that huge footer and any space at the top of the screen. The library that are mostly used by me are epubs and I also use calibre. So, I want to know an easy way to keep the margins on all four side balanced and still retain page numbers. If anyone knows about how to do this then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: question with margins on my Kobo Aura H2O

You can try to code the internals of an epub in many ways that might be able to interfere with the Kobo's customization options. There are some ways the kobo's can be customized to control the page margins. If you got the standard epubs then the kobo_extra.css is the simplest way to increase the top margin and to reduce any over large bottom margin when it is occured by windows settings inside the epub. You can try to use the best way to reduce it by using the Kobo Patcher program by searching it on the net.

If you are looing to convert to kepub to change the top and bottom margins then you should note that the built-in kepub bottom margin is exactly the same size as the built-in epub bottom margin. You can only see the kepub bottom margin smaller because when it is compared then its top margin is so much bigger and because kepubs dont like the orphan or widows settings.

Have you checked out the Kobo Reading Life which offers customizable features for a personalized reading experience, including TypeGenius which allows you to adjust font style and size, and page margins. It supports ePUB, PDF, Adobe ADE, RTF, txt and html document formats. You can get more information about it from this link - http://www.kobo.com/readinglife#ereaders