Thread: Sony PRS-950 battery needed

Sony PRS-950 battery needed

I am looking for a new battery for my Sony PRS-950 ebook reader. The current batery model number that I am using is 7/8" long and 3/4" wide and it is also very thin like 1/8" approximately. When I asked one of the Sony suppliers then he told me that they can order the battery for $90 plus shipping and handling. This price seems to be almost equal for buying a new similar Sony ereader. I have already checked on Ebay and Amazon but cannot find its battery anywhere. So if anyone knows from where I can get it then it will be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Sony PRS-950 battery needed

I have checked some online retailers and they are selling the Sony PRS-950 over $200 which was well over the ebook reader's original price. If I remember correctly then the original price was $179 only. When you are ordering it from any official Sony website or from their supplier then ensure that you do the transaction via a credit card where you can get some leverage to be able to dispute the charge if they do not deliver and you will get your transaction refund with the whole amount.

The Lion batteries of Sony ebook reader are quite standard. There are some smartphones as well as other devices that use this similar thin model battery. You could try to use similar type of battery and do a little bit of soldering to get it to work on you ereader. If you are in the US then you can also try to take the battery into a Batteries Plus Store. They will try to order a new one but if they cannot then they will try to build you a new battery pack for sure.

Have you tried checking out the Sony PRSABP9 Battery Pack which seems to be compatible for daily edition reader, it is available on the Tigerdirect website. Another one is Battery2go for Sony Portable Reader PRS-900, PRS-950SC that you can find on amazon website. If none of these are working then most probably Sony is using a non-replaceable parts inside its Sony PRS-950 ebook reader and you will have to contact Sony support what further resolution should be taken.