Thread: How to repair Sony DPT-S1 ereader

How to repair Sony DPT-S1 ereader

Just 2 months before I purchased Sony DPT-S1 ebook reader. There is no doubt that this device is great but accidentally I broke the clip on the ereader which holds the stylus. So, now I am looking to buy another one of these. The clip that is broken simply snaps onto the device. There is also another issue with this ebook reader where it suddenly crashes on a frequent basis. Can anyone tell me where i can send it for repairs? Thanks

Re: How to repair Sony DPT-S1 ereader

You can try to use the ServicesPLUS "Repair" tab to generate a Depot or Field Service Request. Returning this completed form with the equipment in need of repair will help to speed up your repair time. Existing users will be prompted to login to ServicesPLUS; new users may establish an account at no cost or obligation. Just go this official website of Sony and fill in the required forms which is needed by their support team - http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/service...inrepair.shtml

Did you try to check any pattern there might be, like for example, a big list or complex PDFs or a lot of handwritten annotations or simultaneously opened files, etc, which is causing the crashing? There was also another guy who bought this Sony DPT-S1 ereader was having frequent freezing at the time of browsing. So, what you can do is try to clear the browser cache which might be able to free up some more RAM or you can stop some background process in your ebook reader and see if that helps.

Try to perform a soft reset on your Sony Reader Digital Book by following the below steps:
    1. Locate the reset button access hole. It is labeled RESET and, depending on your model, can be found on the back or bottom of your Reader device.
    2. Using a thin object such as a paper clip or stylus (included with touch models), press the RESET button.
    3. The screen will not change after pressing the RESET button. You must now slide the POWER switch or press the POWER button (PRST1 only) to turn on the Reader device again.

For more information visit this website - https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answer...r-digital-book.